Army says Impasugong ex-mayor Okinlay slay suspect got killed

Nearly 3 years after the death of former Impasugong, Bukidnon mayor Mario Okinlay, the army says the murder suspect may have just been killed.

Last May 5, 2017, two members of the New People’s Army (NPA) figured in a firefight with government troops at Sitio Lamana, Barangay Kibalabag, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. The rebels were allegedly found dead. One of the dead rebels was Jimmy Sante Ama, one of the suspects of Okinlay’s slay back in July 2014. There is a pending warrant of arrest issued against Sante Ama.

READ: Impasugong Bukidnon mayor killed in ambush

Impasugong is the municipality before reaching Malaybalay City if you’re coming from Cagayan de Oro.

In a previously posted Bukidnon Online entry, the late Mario Okinlay was aboard his motorcycle while the rest of his group were in a 3-vehicle convoy when rebels ambushed them. They were on their way back from a Hatid Serbisyo project in Bontongon.

Okinlay was rushed to a hospital in Malaybalay but he was later declared dead from multiple gunshot wounds.

The NPA owned up to the ambush and said that Okinlay was a land grabber.

What do you think of this development? Has justice truly been served?

Facebook Comments
READ MORE NEWS:

BOOK YOUR BUKIDNON HOTEL HERE:

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *