BUKIDNON ONLINE EXCLUSIVE – If you’re a regular visitor of this humble blog about Bukidnon, then you may have noticed that our posts have not exactly been up to date. In as much as we want to inform all of you of the goings-on during this year’s Kaamulan Festival 2011, we have very, VERY good reason as to why our entries as of late have been far and between.
The main blogger behind Bukidnon Online, along with her family, had a very, VERY special PRIVATE guest during the recently concluded Kaamulan Festival — and it was no other than the Ambassador of Malaysia to the Philippines Dato Seri Dr. Ibrahim Saad.
Yes, folks, for the VERY FIRST TIME in the history of Bukidnon — an Ambassador has finally witnessed the only authentic ethnic festival in the Philippines — Bukidnon’s very own, Kaamulan Festival.
AND WE WILL NOT HOLD BACK BUT INSTEAD SHOUT IT TO THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD — WE MADE IT HAPPEN!!!
WE ARE ABSOLUTELY PROUD OF OURSELVES AND OF THE SUCCESSFUL VISIT OF THE AMBASSADOR — it was no easy feat to coordinate everything but with God’s grace and the invaluable help from generous friends, everything just fell into place!
The Ambassador of Malaysia to the Philippines Dato Seri Dr. Ibrahim Saad came along with his beautiful wife Datin Seri Dato Zainab Kader, the first and third secretaries from the Embassy of Malaysia in Manila (along with their respective wives) and the vice consul from the Consulate Office of Malaysia in Davao City.
And did you know that the Ambassador even PAID for his hotel rooms, vehicles and extra lodging for the rest of the staff? We guess that’s how important it was for him to visit Bukidnon and witness the Kaamulan Festival! And we guess that’s how excited he and the rest of the Malaysian delegation were
The SOCIAL and PRIVATE visit of the Malaysian Ambassador was truly a big honor for me and my family (how many people in this world can say that they played tour guide and host to a real-life Ambassador?! :D) and the mere fact that he came and enjoyed the festival for three days with us was an amazing honor for me and my family and such will forever be an unforgettable experience! This is definitely our grandest production yet
From my family to yours, Your Excellency, daghang salamat!!! (many thanks)
Now it’s also but right for my family and I to extend our deepest gratitude to all of these people who assisted us during the Ambassador’s visit to Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. Thank you very, VERY much to:
- Senator Juan Miguel “Migs” Zubiri
- Malaybalay City Mayor Ignacio “Inaki” Zubiri
- Bukidnon Governor Alex Calingasan
- Bukidnon State University President Dr. Victor Barroso
- Mrs. Remy Barroso
- ASTERISK Events and Communications
- One Happy Story Photography
- Tennis Guru
- Mindanaoan – Best Lifestyle Blog for Mindanao 2010 (awarded by the Philippine Blog Awards)
- Reuel Gallo, Lyn Gallo and the rest of their beautiful family
- Rey’s Grill (please visit them at corner Don Carlos and Tabios Streets, Malaybalay, right beside SOTELCO)
- Marie, Donald, Sir Jun
- Malaybalay City Police Chief Erwin Meneses
- Col. Gapuz of the 403rd Infantry Brigade
- Lt. Ella
- Malaybalay tourism officer Mrs. Cruzin and her staff
- Sir Alex and Sir Mimoc of the Office of Senator Migs Zubiri
- Mrs. Peralta of the Bukidnon Tourism Office
- The Bukidnon Bloggers Group (thank you Kuya Bon, Marie, Shailini, Dawn, Earl, Jim, Marilou, Fam)
- Miss May
- Atty. Oliver Owen “Babba” Garcia and Bukidnon Vice Governor Jose Ma. Zubiri, Jr.
- Mr. Jun David
- Sumilao Corn Coffee
- Riley’s Cafe
- The Quino family in Manolo Fortich
- Dom Martin Gomez, OSB
- Sir Elmer of the Airport Security Office in CDO
Please accept our sincerest and deepest gratitude for all the help you’ve extended. Salamat!
Please stay tuned for EXCLUSIVE photos and videos taken during the visit to Bukidnon of the Malaysian Ambassador
NOW FOR THOSE of you who have sent us inquiries as to HOW to invite or get in touch with the Ambassador of Malaysia, you may send your formal inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org