Merely 3 weeks after he declared support for Davao Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, re-electionist Bukidnon Governor Jose Ma. Zubiri, Jr. is allegedly set to dump him and support the admin bet instead.
According to a very reliable source connected to the Duterte team, Zubiri called all barangay leaders for a meeting in Malaybalay City yesterday, April 20, 2016. Allegedly, Zubiri will jump ship and declare support for Mar Roxas instead. The source also tells Bukidnon Online that Zubiri will make the declaration very soon.
UPDATE: The source said that money will be released today for mayors to distribute to barangay leaders. Bukidnon Online already reached out to the Liberal Party for comments.
UPDATE II: Zubiri, in an interview with a TV program, denied that he is dropping Duterte. He enumerated the following reasons for not dropping Duterte: “1. I am from Mindanao; 2. The Advocacy of Digong had been my advocacy for a long, long time. I followed Nene Pimentel and Reuben Canoy and other leaders when I was still young, I was not even in politics and I believe in Federal System; 3. Eradication of Poverty; and 4. Eradication of Criminality.”
Bukidnon Online’s source, however, said that the public still has to wait and see and even urged the public to ask their own barangay leaders if they were offered money or not.
Zubiri’s support for Duterte was a pretty controversial one. He moved the Kaamulan Festival 2016 Ethnic Street Dancing Competition a day earlier just to match Duterte’s schedule. Duterte visited Bukidnon last April 1 (April Fool’s Day). The same source told Bukidnon Online that Duterte was set to visit Lingayen, Pangasinan on April 2 so Zubiri moved the schedule. This resulted in lots of angered tourists and guests, who already booked flights, hotel rooms and filed leaves from work.
Zubiri is known to be a political butterfly. In 2010, he declared support for Manny Villar at first then he shifted to Loren Legarda. Then, he openly declared support for Gibo Teodoro.
READ MORE NEWS: