How to change birthdate, gender in NSO birth certificate

BUKIDNON NEWS | MALAYBALAY NEWS – A lot of Bukidnon Online readers have requested that we write about the steps on how to change your birthdate and gender in your NSO birth certificate that DOES NOT require a court order. So here goes.

This is how you correct or change your birthdate and gender in your birth certificate without the need for a judicial court order.

Last August 15, 2012, Philippine President Benigno Aquino III signed Republic Act 10172, which dictates that errors on a person’s birth certificate can be easily changed without the need to obtain court orders.

nso birth certificateUnder this new law, “the day and month in the date of birth or sex of a person where it is patently clear that there was a clerical or typographical error or mistake in the entry” can be changed. This new law states that if you want to file a petition for change of birthdate or gender, you shall present the earliest school record or documents.

Now if you want to change the gender entry, you must present a certification “from an accredited government physician attesting to the fact that the petitioner has not undergone sex change or sex transplant.”

The petitioner should also present a certified true machine copy of the certificate that needs correction plus a certification from the appropriate law enforcements (police, NBI etc), agencies that he has no pending case or no criminal record.

The petitioner must file in three (3) copies and these should be distributed as follows:

– first copy to the concerned city or municipal civil registrar, or the consul general

– second copy to the Office of the Civil Registrar General

– third copy to the petitioner

This new law also states that:

“The fees collected by the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general pursuant to this Act shall accrue to the funds of the Local Civil Registry Office concerned or the Office of the Consul General for modernization of the office and hiring of new personnel and procurement of supplies, subject to government accounting and auditing rules.”

Facebook Comments



Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *