2 NPA leaders, 5 others surrender in Bukidnon

Two leaders of the New People’s Army (NPA) and five of their followers voluntarily surrendered to the government earlier this month. The said surrenderees turned themselves in to joint elements led by the 403rd Infantry “Peacemaker” Brigade of the army’s 4th Infantry Division.

Armando Daluniag alias Kumander Ambo/Satur/Pegan/Dario, commanding officer of Headquarters Force (HQF) Neo, Northern Central Mindanao Regional Command (NCMRC) and former Deputy Secretary of Guerilla Front 89 and Roland Lagunday Alias Ben, Squad Leader, Squad 2, Platoon 2, HQF Neo, NCMRC surrendered on March 9. Their unit operated in the Pataron mountain ranges.

Along with them were 11 high-powered firearms including 4 M16 Rifles, three AK47 Rifles, one M653 Rifle attached with M203 Grenade Launcher, one M653 Rifle, one M14 Rifle, and a cal .45 pistol. Two days later (March 11), five of their followers also voluntarily surrendered to the 8th Infantry Battalion (8IB).

The 60-year-old Daluniag, who is facing 29 criminal cases, said he went to the mountains and stayed there for 20 years because the government did not help his problem before. However, he decided to surrender because he suffered hunger while in the mountains. He also said that he can no longer understand their organization’s system. He also claimed that their firearms came from the revolutionary taxes from the businessmen and others.

Kumander Ambo, on the other hand, said he will never go back to the mountains and disclosed that roughly 60 of his members were left in their camp. He said he cannot guarantee to convince all of them to surrender, but he said there are few whom he can possibly convince.

Kumander Ambo, who was once the Barangay Public and Safety Officer (BPSO) chief of Barangay Can-ayan in Malaybalay City, was tagged as the prime suspect of killing his Barangay chairman Evangelista. (with a report and photo from Mel B. Madera)

Use Facebook To Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.