Breaking: 1 house washed away in Malaybalay barangay

MALAYBALAY NEWS | MALAYBALAY CITY BUKIDNON – Breaking news!

As of June 10, 2012, 7:30 PM, Bukidnon Online got word that at least 1 home was washed away due to flood water.

Malaybalay City Mayor Ignacio “Inaki” Zubiri said that there was flood at Purok 1, Barangay San Jose, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. The flood, according to Mayor Zubiri took place “near the DXMB radio station.” Zubiri also said that “so far only one house was washed away no reported casualties our rescue team is currently patrolling downstream to check if there are other houses affected as well as people.”

Meanwhile, Elmer Francisco of the Isang Litrong Liwanag movement / Sendongpreneur said that the flood may have been due to the heavy rainfall.

Malaybalay City saw very heavy downpour that started in the afternoon of Sunday, June 10, 2012.

Zubiri also said that there were 9 people who got trapped because of the flood but were consequently rescued by Barangay Laguitas BPSO members.

“Our rescue team has completed their patrol at san jose they’ve split into two groups and are now heading to the community between navarrete and azura and mamala creek were big water was reported,” Zubiri said.

Use Facebook To Comment

2 thoughts on “Breaking: 1 house washed away in Malaybalay barangay”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copy Protected by Tech Tips's CopyProtect Wordpress Blogs.