Bukidnon Airport Update: Check out the features
Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri is certain that the upcoming Bukidnon Airport will become the new gateway for North-Central Mindanao which includes the provinces of North Cotabato, Davao del Norte, Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur and Davao del Sur especially because it is one of President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration’s flagship projects for the province.
Zubiri shared this during his speech at the recently concluded Bukidnon Anti-Poverty Summit 2019 in Valencia City, Bukidnon.
Zubiri told the crowd which composed of Bukidnon government officials, representatives from the NGO, PO, religious, academic and IP communities and other stakeholders that the completion of the Bukidnon Airport holds a lot of promise for the economic and tourism boom in the province.
Located in Barangay Maray Maray, Don Carlos, the airport will have these features:
- 2.65 kilometer-long runway
- the runway will be capable of handling Airbus 320 and Airbus 330 airplanes and Boeing 727 and Boeing 737 airplanes. This means that aside from domestic flights, the airport can also handle international flights like those from Hong Kong
READ on Mindanaoan.com: The pineapple-inspired design for the upcoming Bukidnon Airport UPDATED with more photos
- phase 1 will cost about Php 2.2 billion
- phase 1 is expected to be finished by the first quarter of 2022
- phase 1 will include the runway at 1.6 kilometer, apron, taxiway, control tower, airport terminal and other facilities
READ on BukidnonOnline.com: Don Carlos, Bukidnon Airport Updates
- phase 2 will cover the completion of the full length of the 2.65 kilometer runway
Zubiri also said that as of 2019, a total of Php 1.050 billion has already been allocated through his efforts and of Bukidnon 3rd District Congressman Manuel Zubiri, his older brother.
“The airport will increase the mobility of people, enhance trade and commerce with other provinces and will bring in more investments in agriculture, eco and agri-tourism and even pave way for the development of industrial zones in Bukidnon.
Zubiri also revealed that a lot of BPO companies and call centers are just waiting for the completion of the airport before they start operations in Bukidnon.
Watch our video with photos directly from Senator Zubiri: