BukidnonOnline.com Exclusive: Bukidnon State University Dance Troupe reaches finals of TAYO Awards
BUKIDNON ONLINE EXCLUSIVE – Congratulations are in order! BukidnonOnline.com just received a press release from the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO) Awards secretariat and I just learned some good news. Although they were not declared as one of the groups that will represent Mindanao to the 8th Search for the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO), the Bukidnon State University Dance Troupe apparently was one of the organizations that reached the area finals! Congratulations to the BSU Dance Troupe!
The groups that will attend the TAYO National Finals Week in Manila on December 5 to 9, 2010 are
* 4-H Mandaya Tribal Youth Organization (MTYO), Compostella Valley
* Association of Locally-Empowered Youth – Northern Mindanao (ALEY-NM),
* Pro-Drop Out Reduction Program (PRO-DORP) Team, Surigao del Sur
* Watershed Management Youth Council, Davao city
* Youth Solidarity for Peace-Peace Advocates Zamboanga (YSP-PAZ), Zamboanga
Organizations vying for the TAYO award will be judged on December 5 by a panel of judges led by Senator Kiko Pangilinan and Bam Aquino of the TAYO Awards Foundation.
Each of the ten winning organizations of the TAYO Search will be awarded a Php 50,000 cash grant from the Coca-Cola Foundation Philippines and a specially handcrafted trophy by artist Toym de Leon Imao.
So far, out of the 70 winners of the TAYO search, 19 were from Mindanao. (BukidnonOnline.com)