Call for Entries: CineMasayud Short Film Fest and Competition
A Mindanao-wide virtual Short Film Festival and Competition will take place on December 2020 and the call for entries has been cast.
Halad to Health, in partnership with the Ateneo de Davao University Culture and Arts through the Ateneo Film Circle and the Samahan ng mga Mag-aaral ng Sining at Komunikasyon, will hold the virtual event dubbed “CineMasayud: A Halad to Health Online Mindanao Short Film Fest and Competition.”
The event is open to all youth across Mindanao to explore their creativity while using art as a safe space to promote dialogues and services responding to Youth Mental Health issues. The event also aims to provide awareness and calls for action about local health issues and other societal ills in Mindanao and influence others to do the same through filmmaking.
The competition is open to all bonafide Junior & Senior High School and First & Second Year Undergraduate/College students in public and private academic institutions who are currently enrolled in the academic year 2020-2021.
No registration fees will be charged to the participants of the filmmaking competition.
Deadline for entries will be on December 5, 2020.
Prizes are at stake for the following:
Best Short Film, Best Cinematography, Best Editing and Screenplay, Best Director, Best Acting, Best Poster, Best Trailer and People’s Choice Award
PHP 20,000.00 First Prize
PHP 15,000.00 Second Prize
PHP 10,000.00 Third Prize
PHP 5,000.00 People’s Choice Award
Freebies – Consolation Prize
Interested to join? Here are the entry requirements:
- Duly Accomplished Official Entry Form at https://mailchi.mp/haladtohealth/cinemasayud with a copy of the representative’s ID for A.Y. 2020-2021.
- A 30-second to 1-minute trailer of the film must be submitted.
- One HD poster, 25×36 inches of the film must be submitted to Halad to Health official email account ([email protected]).
- It should be 4-5 minute-film (short film format)
- Detailed list of production staff/cast/crew.
- A synopsis of the short film
- All requirements should be uploaded in a Google Drive folder prior to the submission of the link to [email protected] with the email subject: CINEMASAYUD: (title_of_entry) e.g. CINEMASAYUD: Serenity
About Halad to Health
Halad to Health is based in Australia but was born out of the call-for-help from an under-resourced community hospital in Bukidnon. Closing the gap in health inequality, Halad to Health provides free health education and services, starting with some of the most disadvantaged communities in Bukidnon, usually via 2-week mission trips where Australian Medical Student-Volunteers would teach relevant health topics at local schools and health facilities.