This Bukidnon Blogger is very pleased to share with you all this wonderful news: The U.S. Embassy in Manila is in need of a total of 28 people FROM MINDANAO who they can send to the United States of America for 5 weeks.
Yes, this is true and this is real, folks Bukidnon Online got a hold of this wonderful opportunity because the founder of Bukidnon Online, who also happens to be the organizer of the Bukidnon Bloggers (the very first in the Province of Bukidnon), was sent to the USA early this year as an International Visitor Leadership Program participant. The Bukidnon Online founder was the only female and the only one from the Philippines in her group
Please read the details below and if you’re interested to apply, CONTACT BUKIDNON ONLINE (click, click!). Bukidnon Online will send the forms to you. Please don’t forget to send your full name, email address and all other pertinent information. Thanks!
Please SHARE this post as well. Thanks!
We are pleased to announce the beginning of the open application period for the Department of State’s Philippine Youth Leadership Program, an exchange program that sends 24 youth and four adult mentors from Mindanao to the United States for 5 weeks of intensive leadership training at Northern Illinois University.
The program is open to all youth aged 15-17 and adults under 35 who meet the program’s criteria (see below).
The deadline for submission of applications is November 18, 2012.
The following criteria will be used to select youth participants:
1. demonstrated leadership potential in their schools and/or communities;
2. demonstrated interest in community service and outreach;
3. strong academic and social skills, openness and flexibility;
4. good English language skills;
5. no previous significant travel to the U.S. on a U.S. government sponsored program;
6. aged 15 to 17, either 3rd year high school or 1st year college students, from the ARMM and surrounding provinces; and
7. commitment to implement their community service action plans, attend the Follow On activities and share their experience with their families, friends, and community.
Preference given to high school teachers, administrators and/or community leaders who work with youth, have demonstrated interest in environmental advocacy, and who are not over 35 years old. Other factors are:
a. active involvement in community outreach and grassroots organizing;
b. demonstrated commitment or evidence that they will return to the Philippines, remain in their current jobs, and attend follow-on activities;
c. character references and letter of institutional endorsement and support;
d. good English language skills; and
e. no previous significant travel to the U.S. on a U.S. government-sponsored program.