BREAKING: BUSECO hearing at SP reset
It would have been quite an interesting hearing at the Sangguniang Panlalawigan today, May 26, 2020. However, Bukidnon 2nd District Board Member Atty. Jun Beltran just informed Bukidnon Online that the hearing with the Bukidnon Second Electric Cooperative (BUSECO) had to be reset.
This, following a request of Bukidnon Governor Jose Ma. Zubiri, Jr. The provincial chief executive reportedly wanted to include power suppliers, independent power producers and First Bukidnon Electric Cooperative (FIBECO). The hearing has been reset to June 2, 2020, according to Beltran.
Beltran also told Bukidnon Online that Zubiri is “very interested to join the hearing.”
BUSECO was again invited to today’s SP session. It can be recalled that Beltran previously urged BUSECO to issue refunds after numerous complaints of alleged grossly spiked electric billings for the months of March, April and May 2020. BUSECO denied the allegations.
Beltran, who penned a unanimously approved provincial resolution that earned praises from numerous BUSECO consumers, divulged that in the months that big consumer operations shut down due to the pandemic, “BUSECO incurred a reduction of its sales income, equivalent to 61 centavos per kilowatt shortfall, and passed on its sales shortages to the residential consumers.”
The BUSECO management denied this. However, Beltran said that BUSECO lied. “Our transcript of records would belie their defense,” he emphasized.
Beltran also said that anybody can request for a copy of the transcript as such is public record.